Doors open Toronto


Doors opened to the public in over one hundred buildings around the city last weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to visit all of them but I did make it to the old Fire Station 227 on Queen Street. It was quite interesting to look around. There was also a retired fire fighter on hand who knew much of the history of the building and was more than happy to impart his knowledge to us visitors! 

I entered a few shots in this year's photo competition and this is one of them. If you'd like to see all the shots entered, they are here (mine were entered under the name Halcyon37). I'll be showing some other shots from the Doors Open event this week, so stop by if you're interested!

12 comments:

Lowell said...

This is very nice. Artsy! Hope you win!

Andy said...

In my books this shot is a winner!

Paul in Powell River said...

I like this also Halcyon! Good luck with it.

RedPat said...

I really like this one!
The tour guide at the roof was a young girl who didn't know a lot so I didn't get a lot of info on the technical side of the healing lodge.

Regina K said...

This open doors Toronto sounds and looks like a fun event. I like this for a winner.

Jack said...

This is a simple but effective image, Halcyon. Well done.

Randy said...

Wonderful depth of field.

Buck said...

I wish we did that here; what a great idea! Very fine photo.

Jim Klenke said...

I probably would have picked the fire station first then forgot the rest of the buildings. Good luck on the contest. I would pick this one as a winner.

cieldequimper said...

Toi tu aimes les pompiers ! :-) Super cette photo !

Unknown said...

Cool composition!

Cezar and Léia said...

Hey, good luck!
This is a beautiful picture!
Léia

Post a Comment

I hate the new word verification. Since I have trouble reading those "words", I am assuming others do too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...