Island footbridge


Sorry for the unannounced absence, but I was called away to Chicago for a wedding this weekend. I thought I had set up some posts for while I was gone, but it seems they didn't work. I hope you'll enjoy this charming footbridge from the Toronto Islands. It's just a short ferry ride to the islands, but when you're there you feel like you're worlds away from the hustle and bustle of the city! It's a nice place to beat the heat as well. 

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. For more reflections take a look at Weekend Reflections and you can also find more bridges on Sunday Bridges.

14 comments:

Paul in Powell River said...

It's great to have a place like the island so close to the city. Pretty picture!

RedPat said...

I don't get over there often enough!

Randy said...

Nice looking park.

Jack said...

It is my kind of place, Halcyon. Don't you hate it when gremlins find their way into autoposting?

James said...

That's a beautiful photo! Great reflections and a very nice place!

Olivier said...

un beau paysage, avec ce lac et ce pont
l'endroit semble sympathique

beagleAnnie said...

Hi Hal
Looks like a peaceful place to hide from the heat. Have a nice start of the new week.

Andy said...

I haven't been there for years but I do remember the bridge. Thanks for the memories.

Birdman said...

Did you get 'hitched'? hahahahaha!

Lowell said...

I had not heard of the Toronto Islands but I think I like them very much already. And the footbridge must mean there is little or no traffic which would be a huge blessing in itself!

I'm sorry but I had to laugh at your comment. I've also never heard of someone called away for a wedding! They are usually planned far in advance. Hope you had a good time in the Windy City!

'Tsuki said...

What a perfect place... Nice composition too.

Lois said...

The water looks so cool and refreshing!

cieldequimper said...

Voilà une scène sereine comme je les aime !

VP said...

A lovely bridge in a beautiful place...

Post a Comment

I hate the new word verification. Since I have trouble reading those "words", I am assuming others do too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...