Portuguese mural


As promised, here's a closer look at the Portuguese Parkette that I showed briefly last week. There was a wonderful blue and white tile mural showing some of the historical moments of the Portuguese arrival in Canada. I upped the contrast on the top shot so the picture is more clear.



And here's a look at the mural in perspective. It's just near a bust of Portugues poet, Louis de Camoes. I'm not sure what he has to do with Portuguese-Canadians, but I guess all the greats of literature deserve a bust here and there! For more murals, take a look at Monday Mural.

11 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

love the tile work!

Lowell said...

I do love Portuguese tile. JM, on his Oeiras blog has posted a lot of it. This is very nice and you're right about busts. I've even heard of poets who get busted for using other peoples' works. :)

Well, I watched the CO yesterday. Didn't see you anywhere. Was very disappointed. But it was a fine ending. Poor Dustin Johnson sort of collapsed.

Have a great week.

RedPat said...

It is a lovely little parkette and a nice tribute to the Portuguese community in the area.

Kate said...

I'd love to know more about the Portuguese in Canada.

Linda said...

Lovely capture!

Randy said...

It really is beautiful.

Stefan Jansson said...

Very JM post!

Unknown said...

Stefan made me smile! :-)

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Very cool to use a traditional old world Portuguese medium to document Portuguese life in the new world. Good catch. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

Hilda said...

Fascinating Portuguese series. Of course, JM was the first person to come to mind, too.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

I was thinking about JM also, particularly with the blue and white tiles, telling a story. The bust and building help give the size perspective.

Bises,
Genie

Post a Comment

I hate the new word verification. Since I have trouble reading those "words", I am assuming others do too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...