Hart House pool


My main reason for taking the Hart House tour was to see the art deco pool. However, I have to admit that I was severely disappointed. I have been to a few art deco pools in Europe and they were much more impressive (tilework, architectural details, etc), but I suppose I shouldn't compare the old world to the new! The skylights do make this a nice place for a swim, if you have the right membership card.


It's also unfortunate that the gallery area seems to double as a storage space so I couldn't get a shot without some lousy junk in it. But I guess that's how it goes - there are always some disappointments in life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The experience may have been disappointing, but the photos certainly aren't! The angle of the first shot showcases the space beautifully.

Andy said...

I have only seen the Hart House from the outside. Thanks to you, over the last few days I have have the grand tour.

Jack said...

It looks like a fine pool, but I agree that it is not as much of an architectural feast as some others might be.

Lowell said...

Looks not unlike some high school pools I've seen in the upper midwest. I can feel the humidity and smell the reek of chlorine!

Gunn said...

What a beautiful roof.

Unknown said...

I really like how you composed the top shot.

Post a Comment

I hate the new word verification. Since I have trouble reading those "words", I am assuming others do too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...